Wednesday, December 9, 2009

right rotator cuff

I had an appointment with Dr. Date this morning, as expected, the right rotator cuff is torn. The report on the right shoulder is worse than the left shoulder and so Dr. Date suggested that I take the shoulder MRI's with me on my follow up to Dr. King, my knee surgeon, on January 4, 2010.

During my appointment with Dr. Date I placed a clipboard on the counter using my left arm, she noticed that the extension in my left arm wasn't very good even though she had given me a cortisone shot the week before. Since the cortisone shot didn't seem to increase my range of motion she decided to take a different approach for the right shoulder, she prescribed a 6 day round of oral Prednisone, I started that tonight.

Adhesive Capsulitis is no longer the diagnosis, the doctor believes the rotator cuff tears are causing my problems.

No comments: