Tuesday, February 10, 2009

car vandalism

At least 3 cars were broken into last night in the parking garage of my condo complex...I'm the lucky owner of one of those cars. They (I say "they" because both of my car doors were left open) broke the lock on the passenger door in order to gain access to my vehicle. Why would someone want to break into a 1997 Toyota Camry? I know it's a beautiful car but really...they obviously thought the stereo was much more expensive than it really was. The nimrods didn't count on Best Buy doing such an awesome job of installation that they were never going to get the stereo out of the car...they gave it the ol' college try and broke the radio along with a few other things in the process but in the end I still have the stereo...not that it functions but somehow I feel victorious (violated but victorious). They found the Garmin Nuvi 250 GPS in the car and took that along with the approxiamtely $5 in change from the ashtray...they got a $170 of my stuff and I got $1500+ damage to my vehicle, sounds like a fair trade. I can't believe they didn't want the Peaceful Hymns for the Sabbath CD or the Primary songs CD - it could of softened their hearts






No comments: