I spent the past week in Utah with family, this has become some what of a tradition to be in Utah over the 4th of July. My brother Kirk and his family weren't in Utah but everybody else was present and accounted for. I drove to Utah last year because I had left a few things in Utah when I moved to California and decided it was time to claim the rest of my stuff. I enjoyed having a car and decided to drive again this year. I spend $1,000 on my car getting it ready for the drive (brakes, CV boots, coolant flush).



Saturday night was filled with fireworks and more family time. I tagged along with Kara and Blake to Blake's sisters house. There was food, fireworks and treats...it was a good evening. After the fireworks it was time for goodbyes and I headed off for the hotel.
On Monday evening we went to the Jones' for swimming and a bbq, it was fun to be together! For entertainment, my brother Kent's kids performed for us, his four kids play blue grass.
At some point during the week I made a trip to Brick Oven, it's not a trip to Provo if you don't eat at Brick Oven! There was swimming at the Scera pool in Orem, playing up in Park City (it rained so we didn't get to ride the Alpine Slide), visiting with friends, Temple Square and many more activities (including still being in pj's at noon one day).
One day I went with my sister Kara in the van and left my car for my brother in law Blake and the boys, when we all arrived back home Blake asked me if I had problems with the key sticking in the ignition. It had happened to me once, a few weeks prior I got in my car after church and when I got to my destination I couldn't get the key to come out of the ignition, I just kept pulling on it and eventually the key came out.
On another day my dad borrowed my car to run some errands, when he got back he told me I needed to get the ignition problem fixed, he had problems both getting the key in and out of the ignition. He thought he was going to get stranded and was worried that I would get stranded on my drive home.
Friday was a full day, it started with a trip to the Toyota dealership for a new ignition, then it was off to Hogle Zoo, Cafe Rio, Tai Pan Trading Company and a concert...Rocky Mountain Thunder performed at the West Point City 4th of July Celebration (RMT is the blue grass band my nephews and niece play in).


Saturday was the 4th of July, for the past several years Kara, Blake and I have run the Freedom Festival 5K or 10K (depending on how fit we are feeling). A couple of years ago Kent even ran with us (his first and last 5K). I signed up for the 5K this year but was a no show on the day of the race due to the IT Band pain I was experiencing. I decided I needed to take a least six weeks off from running to see if I could get my ITBs feeling better. Because I didn't run the race I was able to go see the hot air balloons with my sister's family very early in morning on the 4th of July, after the balloons we went to McDonald's for breakfast and then watched the parade.
Saturday night was filled with fireworks and more family time. I tagged along with Kara and Blake to Blake's sisters house. There was food, fireworks and treats...it was a good evening. After the fireworks it was time for goodbyes and I headed off for the hotel.
Sunday was a very long drive home...the drive was fine until I got back into the state of California and then I was stuck in traffic! I hate traffic and next time I won't drive home on the last day of a three day weekend. I should have stayed one more day in Utah!
It certainly was fun to be with family for the week!
3 comments:
Wow! Those are cute kids. I hear it is faster to get to Utha if you drive through Spokane:)
So what's your sister's excuse for not running the race? She looks like she could do with a little running in those pictures!
You did A LOT in one week! Sounds like a fun trip that should be a yearly tradition...It looks like you are definitely in the running for favorite auntie. By the way, we have the same Chacos. They're hott!
Post a Comment