I've been going to physical therapy for about a week and a half now, my knees don't seem to be getting any better, my whole body hurts, I have trouble moving, I'm not sleeping well because my shoulders hurt so much. I was doing really well for about the first week post surgery but since then things have been going downhill quickly. I'm losing range of motion in my arms, having trouble washing my hair, putting on the seat belt, getting dressed, going to work, driving the car. My PT has been thinking that I have Adhesive Capsulitis (frozen shoulder) in both of my shoulders, he has me doing some arm exercises as part of my physical therapy but things aren't progressing for my knees or my arms. The PT is having concerns about my shoulders and suggested that I go see another doctor, he recommended that I see a doctor that specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehab Pain to get a diagnosis.
Today I had an appointment with Dr. Elaine Date, she took a thorough history and then ordered some blood test and x-rays. She thinks that my PT Scott might be correct that I have adhesive capsulitis but it is really rare to get it in both shoulders at the same time. I have a follow up appointment with her right before Thanksgiving to review the blood test and x-ray results.
Happy 8th Birthday, Luke!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment