Kent took me for my post surgery follow up appointment this morning, the physician's assistant drained 20cc's of fluid off of my very swollen right knee and wrote me a prescription to start physical therapy. I mentioned to her that my shoulders were very sore and asked if the PT could include help with my shoulders, she told me no because the focus needs to be on my knees, in particular getting my right leg back to full range of motion otherwise I will have problems for the rest of my life.
Because I didn't take any pain killers this morning I've been cleared to drive, progress in the right direction.
I started physical therapy this afternoon, the PT said to me, "I can tell that you are tough because you didn't even come in here with crutches." I'm not sure that it is toughness...it's easier to maneuver without the crutches.
I told the PT that I was experiencing some shoulder pain, he told me he would help me with the shoulders even though the prescription didn't include the shoulders. I spent about an hour and a half at PT today and I go back on Wednesday.
I dropped Kent off at the airport later this afternoon, he cooked up a storm while he was here and I have lots of enchiladas and lasagna to live on for the rest of the week. Thanks Kent for all of your help.
I'm planning on going back to work tomorrow, I think I'll work from home.
Happy 8th Birthday, Luke!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment