N. Eldon Tanner said, "Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth."
It's easy to serve the people I love but some of the people I love don't live very close to me and that makes serving them a little more difficult. I'm grateful for friends and ward family that are able to stand in for biological family and provide love, support and service. I'm grateful for all of those that have been serving my sister Kara and her family over the past couple of weeks as she was put on bed rest, hospitalized and then delivered her fifth child almost five weeks early. There were volunteers to watch kids and bring in meals within hours of her being put on bed rest.
Baby Porter spent a week at club NICU and was finally able to go home and meet his three older brothers and very excited sister this afternoon. I think Porter's siblings may try and serve him a little more than he wants to be served in the near future.
For me, serving is a lot easier than being served and I believe the same is true for my little sister. I am grateful that Kara was accepting of the serving that others provided to her and her family. Kara is one of those people that serve quietly everyday with an "it's no big deal" attitude of service, I’m grateful for her example.
This evening I’m grateful Porter is home with his family that loves him and can’t wait to serve him.
Happy 8th Birthday, Luke!
7 years ago
1 comment:
You make a lot of good points. Remember when our fake motto was "serv-us"?
Post a Comment