I had my knee surgeries today, I was first for surgery and therefore I had to be at the surgery center at 4am! We had to leave my house at 3:30am in order to get there on time. With the help of my friend Brook, I picked my brother Kent up at the airport in San Jose about 11pm last night so it was a very short night (at least I was in a drugged induced sleep for part of the day today). Both of my knees had the same problem, lateral meniscus tears with damage behind the knee caps. The damage was actually worse in the left knee than in the right knee but it is my right knee that has been so swollen, due to the swelling in my right knee I haven't been able to straighten or bend my right leg all the way and I've been walking with a limp for the past 2 months.

I looked like a hockey player post surgery, it doubled as my Halloween costume.
Last night was the first time my brother has seen me since my knee problem started, his report this morning was I was walking much better post surgery this morning (I had a short ride in a wheelchair and then I got to walk to the car). I'm feeling really good today, I'm sure it has something to do with the pain medication that I'm on!
Because both knees were operated on the surgery center sent me home with crutches, the crutches seem to be more work than help. I ended up carrying them into the house rather than walking with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment