Sunday, December 27, 2009

all i want for christmas is the chickenpox

I had the chickenpox as a child, I know for sure that it was before my sister Kara was born and she was born the summer I turned seven. My brother Kirk had come down with the chickenpox only the doctor told my mother that he had poison oak, about two weeks later I had the chickenpox. I'm not sure when my oldest brother Kent had the chickenpox but they had passed through the family prior to Kara being born. As a child Kara was exposed to the chickenpox but she never seemed to get them.

Fast forward to 2009. Kara is now 36 years old, her 9 month old son contracted chickenpox about two weeks ago, the other four children have been vaccinated for chickenpox. On Wednesday morning Kara started getting little red bumps on her tummy...she really wasn't immune to the chickenpox after all!

By Christmas morning Kara wasn't feeling very good but she was a trooper. This is the only photo documenting the chickenpox, you can see the red bumps starting to appear on her face.



Things got much worse for Kara, she had pox all over her mouth and down her throat making it almost impossible for her to swallow even water, let alone any medicine to help relieve the pain and itching.

No comments: