Sunday, January 17, 2010

thanks prednisone

I felt good again this week, second week in a row that I've felt good! This is the first time in months that I've felt this good, I'm starting to feel normal again (except for the fact that I don't have full range of motion in my arms). I know that it's the Prednisone that is helping me feel better. Next week the Prednisone dose is cut in half, I hope that I still feel good and can move around fairly pain free.

On Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at physical therapy my right leg finally had full flexion (I haven't had full flexion since August 30, 2009). It took 25 visits to physical therapy to get my right foot to touch my rear end, I was beginning to doubt that I would ever get full flexion and extension in my right leg so I was very happy. As I was leaving my appointment the billing manager stopped me to let me know that I had been to physical therapy 25 times and even though my insurance will cover 60 physical therapy visits they start pushing back after 25 visits. I will now be required to pay the full amount for my pt visits, not just my copay, the pt office will continue to bill the insurance company and if and when the insurance company pays the pt office, the pt office will then reimburse me. I'm almost finished with pt on my knees, I'm going to work on my own for the next couple of weeks and then check back in with the physical therapist. I can go to the gym and do the exercises without paying $85 a visit.

I did some cooking this week (proof that I'm feeling better), I made pork chops, soup, chili, spaghetti sauce, enchilada suizas, peach crisp and brownies with raspberries to name some of the things. I had Brook and Shannon over for dinner for the pork chops and peach crisp. I have a few things in the freezer now for when I go back to work and don't feel like making dinner when I get home.

Here's video #3 documenting the range of motion of my arms. I think you can see a little bit of progress...maybe I just want there to be progress.

1 comment:

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

Now I know what you're teaching in your primary class!! Good thinking! We need more ideas like that to pass the time...