Friday, January 1, 2010

monterey bay aquarium, seafood and food poisoning

Shannon, JoEllen, Staci and I headed down to Monterey this morning for a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

I was stiffer this morning, it was harder to move and I wasn't sure how long I would last at the aquarium. Before we left the house I told Staci that I might have to wait in the car if I got to tired but I was willing to make the trip.

We saw otters, penguins, sharks, lots of fish and a bunch of other critters. The feedings were fun to watch. After about an hour at the aquarium I needed to sit down and went to find a place to sit. Staci, Shannon and JoEllen came and found me after I'd been sitting for about 15 minutes, I told them I needed to sit for awhile longer, they promised to come back and find me if they found some interesting things. It was probably 10 minutes later that the three of them were back with a wheelchair...Staci and Shannon took turns pushing me around the aquarium for the next hour. Thanks friends!

After looking at all of the seafood in the aquarium it was decided that we needed to go eat lunch. We headed to the wharf and randomly selected a restaurant. I had a cup of Clam Chowder and a Crab sandwich, the other three had a bowl of Clam Chowder and a fresh steamed Crab. After lunch we returned to the car to find it had been attacked by the seagulls.


We arrived back to San Jose around 4pm with enough time to rest up prior to the New Year's Eve party at Shannon's tonight. Staci and I decided there was plenty of time for a nap before we needed to start working on the food preparation for the party. Around 5:30pm Staci started making cookies, I helped by getting the recipe and showing her where I keep the ingredients (it's so nice to have someone here to help me). A little before 6pm I told Staci I wasn't really feeling that well and that my stomach suddenly hurt. Within the next half hour I lost my lunch in just two trips to the bathroom. I really don't like throwing up but I felt much better once the food was out of me.

The New Year's Eve plans suddenly changed at this point. A quick call to Shannon let her know there would be no seven layer dip or cookies showing up at the party. Staci ran off to 7-Eleven to pick up some Sprite and met her new boyfriend, the nice guy working there named Chico. Chico told Staci that she had gorgeous eyes and had given up drinking 6 years ago, what more could she ask for? I was asleep before midnight, I'm not sure if Staci headed back to the 7-Eleven or not...

For what I've been going through the past few months I feel like there wasn't a better way to bid farewell to 2009. Here's looking forward to an awesome 2010!

2 comments:

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

Eewww. Happy New Year! I think next year can only get better considering how you parted with 2009. I can't remember the last time I actually was awake at midnight to ring in the new year...I figure, what better way to start the new year than sleeping??

EnglandinVA said...

Little did you know that Chico came back to Cville with me. Anyone who says I have gorgeous eyes (and doesn't tell me I'm going to hell) is worth some investment...